What is unique about the rubies and pink sapphires from Greenland?
The Greenlandic rubies and pink sapphires are the oldest on earth, found in a rock formation geologist estimate to be nearly 3 billion years old. While these gems are similar to those found in other locations, they are distinctly different, and certain gem laboratories are able to identify them as Greenlandic due to their specific trace element chemistry. All gemstones from Greenland Ruby are tracked and traced from mine-to-market.
Learn More About Purchasing Greenlandic Gems
- Through our B-to-B ecommerce platform, RubyCloud™. Click here to create an account.
- Through contact directly with a member of the Greenland Ruby executive team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- At various gem and jewelry shows around the world. Please keep an eye on our social media and website for details.
Learn About Certificates of Origin & Lab Reports
- Greenland Ruby adheres to strict human rights, labor, environmental, mining practice, and product disclosure practices, which reference the highest of Northern European standards.
- The company is also guided by its membership to the Responsible Jewellery Council, and has been certified against their Code of Practices.
- The Greenland Ruby mine at Aappaluttoq is located in an icy mountainous landscape surrounded by majestic fjords, at the bottom of a drained waterway. When mining is complete, water will be returned to the lake and the area will go back to its pristine natural state.
- As per the mining license issued by the Ministry of Mineral Resources in Greenland, Greenland Ruby adheres to a local Impact Benefit Agreement (IBM). See here for details
- Greenland Ruby employs a local Greenlandic workforce, of which 35% are women.
- All provisions at the mining operation are locally sourced.
- Greenland is an autonomous country of Denmark and has been transitioning since 2009 to eventually assume complete responsibility for its government, which is based on strict, Northern European models.
- A percentage of all sales of Greenland Ruby gems goes to the PinkPolarBear Foundation, which was initiate to support the communities at the source of our gems.